Who needs bread when you can have sweet potato toast! It’s very simple to make and can be topped with virtually anything you like. This is my favorite combination of flavors but the sky’s the limit when it comes to sweet potato toast. They are healthy and delicious and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or a midday snack. Sweet potatoes are low in calories and high in fiber. I like to peel my sweet potato, but you can go ahead and leave the skin on, just make sure to give it a good scrub. Let the sweet potato slices cool slightly before adding your toppings. Enjoy!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped arugula
- cherry tomatoes , cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled onions
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel and slice sweet potato into rounds about 1/4 inch thick
- Arrange slices in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, until slices are easily pierced with a fork but not mushy
- Remove from baking sheet
- While potatoes are cooking, mash half an avocado with lemon juice and salt
- Top each sweet potato round with mashed avocado and then top with arugula, sliced cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and onion ( I used pickled onion but feel free to use fresh)
- Top with a pinch of cracked black pepper and enjoy!
Note: If you have leftover sweet potato slices, store them in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat in the toaster when ready to eat. Watch the slices carefully so they do not burn.