Potato salad is a dish that I find myself making over and over in the warm summer months. It’s a great side for a BBQ or picnic, and something that I tend to whip up when a large group comes over. This salad a is a lighter version of the traditional dish, which is usually made with mayonnaise. This recipe is quick and easy to make, and can be prepared a day ahead. Give this recipe a try, I promise it will become one of your favorites. Enjoy!
- 1 bag baby potatoes (yellow or red)
- 1/2 large sweet onion, cut into thin slices and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Boil potatoes in salted water for about 10 – 15 minutes, until soft but not mushy
Drain potatoes and let cool. When cool enough to handle cut in half and place into a bowl
- Mix together mustard, lemon juice, oil, salt, sugar and pepper until you have a creamy consistency.
- Add onion and cilantro to the potatoes and mix in the dressing.
- Serve room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: This salad tastes better at room temperature, so remove from fridge an hour before serving.