I grew up eating these pancakes and have been making them for my girls since they were little. This is not a typical ricotta pancake recipe, as I like to use both ricotta, and yogurt in the batter. One batch makes 12-14 small pancakes. I make these about 3 times a week, as they are a household favorite. We eat them for breakfast, and often, as a bedtime snack. You can also add lemon zest to the batter for lemon ricotta pancakes. It is quite delicious!
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 heaping tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Mix together ricotta and yoghurt until there are no clumps left
- Add egg, vanilla and sugar and mix until combined
- Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time and mix well
- Add baking powder and stir until smooth
- Heat 2 tsp grape seed oil on medium heat in a frying pan
- Pour a large spoonful of batter and cook until bubbles begin to appear and the bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook opposite side until golden brown.
- If the batter is too runny, add a little bit of flour to thicken it
- Top with either yoghurt or maple syrup and enjoy!