I often have leftover cooked chicken. This salad wrap might be my favorite thing to make with it. It is sweet, salty and colorful, making it perfect for lunch. You can also cut it into spirals for entertaining. It is delicious as a wrap but equally delicious served as a salad. Just add more arugula and enjoy. It is also great to make with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. This chicken salad is incredibly easy to make, so it’s great to have in the fridge, ready to go.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 large tortillas
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chopped chicken, cranberries, pecans and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until smooth and well combined.
- Pour dressing over chicken and mix until well coated. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Top a wrap or tortilla with arugula until almost completely covered.
- Spread chicken salad over the tortilla.
- Roll tightly and cut into desired serving size. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.