Growing up, my grandmother would make honey glazed carrots for every holiday. I used to love these sticky, sweet treats and could not believe I was “eating my vegetables”. Then my mother began making them, but with her own personal flair. She added ginger. The combination of ginger, and honey, along with orange juice, gave the carrots a sweet and slightly spicy flavor. The honey created a thick and shiny glaze, making them not only delicious, but also a beautiful addition to any meal. They are super easy and quick to prepare. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1lb bag of baby carrots
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a saucepan, bring orange juice, ginger, honey and salt to a boil
- Add carrots and reduce heat to medium low and let simmer until sauce reduces and carrots are caramelized but not mushy
- Transfer to dish and enjoy!