This salad combines some of my favourite fall flavours and looks beautiful on the Thanksgiving table. It works well as a light first course, but may also be served as a meal. If I have candied or toasted pecan on hand, I love to add them for a nice crunch. It is delicious with or without.
- 2 large bunches of arugula
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped candied pecans (optional)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the Arugula to a bowl.
- Using a knife or mandoline, slice the fennel as thin as possible. Add to arugula.
- Core and slice the apple into thin slices, add to bowl.
- Top with dried cranberries, goat cheese and pecans (if using)
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small mason jar or any container with a tight fitting lid. Shake until fully combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!