For the most part, my recipes are healthy and delicious. While eating healthy can be tasty, and better for you, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have a treat now and then. St. Patricks Day seems the perfect time for this fun, adults only treat. These rich cupcakes are topped with a Baileys infused, cream cheese frosting. They are absolutely delicious! This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. The cupcakes will be a hit at any party. If you want to serve these to kids, leave out the Baileys and use milk in its place.Whether or not you are Irish, or of Irish descent, you are sure to love this yummy dessert! Slainte!!!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oil, sugar, egg and vanilla. Once well combined and smooth, add in the greek yoghurt.
- Add flour mixture in 2 parts, mixing well after each addition. Pour in boiling water and combine to make smooth batter.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Using a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, add the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the Baileys
- Mix until completely incorporated and frosting is smooth
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy