This vegetable stew is easy and quick to prepare and tastes great served both hot and cold. If you do not want to add potatoes, you can substitute them with chickpeas. Just add chickpeas along with the peppers and tomatoes if desired.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sautée until soft, about 7 minutes
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and coriander and cook covered for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add peppers and potatoes. Cook 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Top with chopped cilantro