When I think of Fall, I think of pumpkin everything! Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin soups and especially pumpkin desserts. These muffins are the perfect fall breakfast or snack option. My kids absolutely love these muffins because they are not overpowering with pumpkin flavour, but just enough. Even my husband, who does not really like pumpkin, loves these muffins. If you do not want to add the white chocolate chips, they are just as delicious without them. You can also use dark chocolate instead of white chocolate chips, there are many possibilities with this easy and quick recipe. I cannot stop baking these, as this is the most requested recipe in my house right now. Moist, tender and lightly spiced, this is the perfect fall treat. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grape oil or canola oil
- 3 heaping tbsp of greek yoghurt ( I love adding vanilla yoghurt, but plain works just as well)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Grease or line a muffin tin
- In a bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, egg, oil, honey and yoghurt until combined.
- In another bowl mix together flour, sugar. salt and baking soda
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well until smooth
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon batter into prepared muffins tins, almost to the top
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden
- Let cool and enjoy!