The first time I came across zucchini bread, I was a little apprehensive about trying it. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, so I simply avoided it. Eventually I tried a piece at a party and found myself going back for seconds. After that, I was hooked. This Zucchini bread is a staple in our home, to the point that it is my daughter’s absolute favorite snack to take to school. It is incredibly easy to make and impossible to mess-up. This loaf is unbelievably moist and full of flavour. It makes a perfect breakfast, snack or dessert. I developed this recipe when I was trying to add vegetables to everything and anything that I fed my children. It tastes a lot like gingerbread, so they have no idea that there are any vegetables in it, which makes it a great treat for them to eat while still having nutritional benefits. I recommend letting the loaf cool completely in the pan before cutting, as it is very delicate immediately out of the oven. Enjoy!
- 2 large green zucchini, shredded
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup grape seed oil
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grate the zucchini into a large bowl
- Add sugar, eggs, and oil, and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder and baking soda
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well
- Pour batter into a greased bread pan. Bake for about 45-60 min (until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out dry).
- Let cool completely inside the pan, then transfer to serving plate