Adding a roasted red pepper to a classic hummus is a great way to add an extra serving of veggies to your snack. This also adds a little sweetness, which is a huge hit with my kids. I used very little garlic so that it’s child friendly but if you prefer more garlic, go ahead and add a few extra cloves. This is great served with vegetables and pita bread.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (directions below)
- 1 1/2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place pepper on lined baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, rotating at the 15 minute mark. Pepper should be soft and skin blackened
- Remove from oven and wrap pepperin aluminum foil until cool enough to handle
- Peel off the skin, it should slide right off, and remove the stem and seeds
- In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted pepper, chickpeas, oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt. Puree until smooth. Adjust salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with paprika, olive oil and herb of your choice if desired.
2 Comments Add yours
This is so delicious!! It is even better the next day. YUM!!
Thank you!!So glad you liked it!